Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and the happiest and healthiest New Year. While I often think that Christmas is increasingly more and more for children, I still love the feelings of joy and love in the holiday season.
Here’s my Christmas love list. I love…
- Big family meals that have us still sitting around the table for hours after the last dessert was enjoyed
- Family gift exchanges, not for the getting but to see what others are giving and for the memories made
- The feeling you get when you wish a complete stranger a Merry Christmas
- New pajamas every single Christmas Eve
- Christmas music
- Real Christmas trees
- Dominic the Donkey
- Red cups, because commercialism runs our world so why not have a coffee company tell me when it’s socially acceptable to start celebrating
- Eggnog martini’s. Screw the latte, I’ll take it with vodka and amaretto
- The smells of Christmas: fresh cut trees, nutmeg, gingerbread, cinnamon, mandarin oranges
- The rare white Christmas
- Christmas movies: It’s a Wonderful Life, Love Actually and the cartoon version of Grinch
- Christmas lights everywhere
- People who remain cheerful in busy holiday stores
- Candy cane shivs
- That feeling you get only around Christmas that can only be described as that feeling
Merry Christmas everyone!