Of my favorite things about blogging is checking out my page stats and seeing what kind of searches brought people to my blog.
Monkey’s is one of them, as I’ve written about in the past.
Another is the search for braces, brace face, Katy Perry braces and rovnátka, which Google Translate informs me is Czech for braces. I wrote about braces and how I noticed how not many kids these days seemed to be getting them.
I’m just going to go ahead and assume that people who are searching for braces are probably going to get braces soon. So instead of reading a blog post kids not getting braces, why not offer a bit of advice from someone who’s been there?
– They don’t really hurt, except for maybe the first day after you get them tightened. And get an orthodontist that likes you, mine did not. He liked my brother. My gums were poked with random dental instruments than his were and guess who got in trouble for bleeding gums?
– Remember when choosing braces colours for the month, you’ll have the colours for a full month. Orange and black seems like a good idea now, but mid-November it looks a bit weird.
– Clear brace bands also seem like a good colour choice, but they stain easy.
– The worst part of it all is when they get caught on your cheek. It happens. Remove your cheek from your braces carefully.
– Charlie Day got them on Thursday’s episode of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Leave a comment… why did you search for braces and what brought you here? Any advice for future brace wearers?